FF&P prides itself on a very special office culture. We are a team that truly cares about our work and each other, and we value inclusion, respect, and camaraderie. While we strive for cohesion, we also believe everyone’s voice matters. Life-long learning is a priority and self-motivated individuals are encouraged to explore their own interests and talents.
We are a seeking a Controller/OPS Manager to join us.
At Frederick Fisher and Partners, our mission is simple—improve life through architecture. We are lucky to work with some of the world’s most prestigious educational, cultural, and civic institutions. Our diverse, award-winning projects range from universities and schools to museums and creative workspaces, from adaptive reuse to recreational facilities and parks, from houses to housing.
Guided by four pillars—Process, Context, Function, and Aesthetics—we engage in our design work thoughtfully and thoroughly. While our architecture reflects the rich variety of the clients and communities we serve, our ethos emphasizes clean elegance, domesticity and delight. In everything we create, we strive to integrate innovation and collaboration, beauty and authenticity, buildability and sustainability, and a broad cultural perspective. In addition to competitive salaries, benefits, 401K options, and paid vacation time, FFP prides itself on its special office culture. We are a team that truly cares about our work and each other, and we value inclusion, respect, and camaraderie. While we strive for cohesion, we also believe everyone’s voice matters. Life-long learning is a priority, and we encourage our talented staff to share their knowledge and interests.
You are among the best and the brightest—but not in the conventional sense.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Prepare monthly client billings
• Manage cash receipts process and A/R collections
• Manage weekly timesheet process
• Prepare a monthly revenue forecast
• Manage monthly expense report process
• Perform the ADP payroll process
• Perform the Accounts Payable process
• Coordinate tax preparation with outside CPA firm
• Manage any legal related issues with outside legal counsel
• Prepare monthly accrual basis financial statements
• Manage business documents archival process.
• Manage all office operations
• Prepare annual business plan
• Manage weekly staffing meeting
• Oversee all IT operations with outside IT consultant
• Manage procurement of all IT related equipment
• Manage renewal of all HR benefit programs
• Manage renewal of all business insurances
• Assist Project Managers and Partners with contract preparation
• Assist Project Managers with workplan development
• Conduct monthly Project review meetings with Project Managers
• Conduct bi-weekly financial reviews with Partners
• Conduct monthly Partner Project reviews with the Partners
• Manage the HR function with inside Employee Success Group and outside HR consultant
• Perform personal bookkeeping via Quickbooks for Founding Partner
Your qualifications are:
• Experience in the Architectural/Engineering/Construction industry
• Proficiency in Deltek Ajera accounting system
• A Bachelor or Master of Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited institution
• Strong financial analytical skills including revenue and cash forecasting
• 10+ years of broad accounting experience
• CPA or MBA a plus
• A complete understanding of Project Cost Accounting
• Fluency with all Microsoft Office products, Zoom and Bluebeam.
• You have an excellent work ethic, can perform a multi-faceted role and will take initiative
• You are a problem-solver who can anticipate needs, help make decisions, sees the big picture, seeks answers to your questions and who enjoys working collaboratively with others.
• 1 PDF resume w/ cover letter including salary requirements.
• Submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject heading “Controller/OPS Manager”.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive; we are only able to respond to those applicants we are interested in interviewing.